Friday, March 30, 2012

A Twofer today--a great response from Gloria!

From the Desk of Gloria Jean Sykes

March 30, 2012


Honorable Timothy C. Evans
Chief Judge                                                                        Via Fax 312-603-6787
Judge Mary Ellen Coghlan
Presiding Probate Judge                                                Via  fax 312-603-6721
Circuit Court of Cook County
50 W. Washington Street, Suite 2600
Richard J. Daley Center
Chicago, IL 60602
312-603-6000                                                           


Dear Chief Judge Evans and Judge Coghlan,

What is clearly apparent is that Officers of the Court, specific to Guardian ad Litem, Cynthia Farenga in this instance, is able to do whatever she wants with no oversight or reprimand: Farenga started her assault on my mother, Mary G. Sykes, and on my good reputation and our Civil and Human Rights on August 26, 2009 and in influencing Judge Connors, Judge Cicerio, Judge Flemming, and now Judge Jane Louise Stuart, she has managed to strip both my mother and me of all of our assets, properties,  Homestead and soon, the home I own and was in the process of rebuilding. She told me that she would render me penniless, homeless and silence me from speaking out against Court Sanctioned Elder Abuse in order to protect and save my mother, Mary G. Sykes, and it is as evident as the nose on my face, that Cynthia Farenga, under the color of her office, has been able to accomplish everything she set out to do.  Cynthia Farenga is ruthless, and even involves her husband, Michael Crawley who served fradulant papers on my financial adviser and illegally obtain confidential financial documents, not only on me, but third parties.   That Farenga, along with GAL Adam Stern and Peter Schmiedel participated in many illegal process services (I was also served with a Pizza Flyer) and then presented letters from the so called ‘process server’ to court stating that the service was proper and successful, knowing that it was not, and then, convinced the Court that there was a ‘judgement’ against me and proper and verified filing of a Citation to Discover Assets – and then I was chained to a metal chair with handcuffs, my freedoms threatened, et al (you know the facts already), and most recently, the Court instructed Adam Stern and Cynthia Farenga to make certain that I have access to and am able to visit with my mother, Mary G. Sykes, and the Court order endered has nothing said about such instructions – and it’s been almost one years since I have been able to speak to or visit with my mother, the Elder Abuse and financial exploitation perpetrated by officers of the court MUST BE STOPPED.  That Cynthia Farenga and Adam Stern are not only DEFENDANTS in the U.S. District Court ADA complaint, but also in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court adversary complaints, this retaliation against me MUST STOP too. 

That this morning there is to be a status proceeding whereby Carolyn Toerpe will present her financial statement/accounting/inventory of Mary G. Sykes’ assets: I cannot be present, but it never mattered because I've always objected and filed evidence of fraud, the Probate judges have repeatedly approved the glaring financial exploitation and fraud! I faxed a letter to the court yesterday stating that I would not be in Court due to a conflicting schedule and that I do not waved my rights to object.  Cynthia Farenga was copied and her response is as follows:

Cynthia GAL
               
To GLORIA Jean SYKES, Lucinda, pschmiedel@fischelkahn.com, sternlaw@ameritech.net

Gloria,
I have written confirmation of asking you twice in the past few days for your mailing address. No reply. Further, you continue to serve us frequently by email. Do what you want, but I plan to oppose your request for more time given your continual manipulation of the system. Now go call a press conference about how mean everyone is to you.

Let me remind this court that I have had the same address since 1998: that it is because of the actions of Cynthia Farenga, Adam Stern and Peter Schmiedel that in fact, I have been rendered penniless and now homeless, and shortly, Judge Jane Louise Stuart will comply with their requests to sell my property of which all acts are criminal – serious violations of the Bankruptcy stays – and done willfully and with intent in retaliation to silence me from speaking out.  The only person ‘manipul[ing] the system’ is Cynthia Farenga.  Most recently, as a Defendant in the Bankruptcy Adversary proceedings, she wrote an ex parte letter to Judge Hollis in another attempt to influence a Judge and prejudice the court. 

To conclude, I have filed motions to have Cynthia Farenga (and Adam Stern) removed from this case as Guardian Ad Litem and each time, my requests and requests of ‘next-friends’ have been ignored and motions dismissed.  In light of the persuasive and recent rulings from the CT State Supreme Court in and regarding Daniel Gross Et Al, v. M. Jodi Rell Et Al, SC 18548, Justice Rogers opinioned,

“This case comes before us upon our acceptance of certified questions of law from the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit pursuant to General Statutes § 51-199b (d).1 The certified questions are: (1) Under Connecticut law, does absolute quasi-judicial immunity extend to conservators appointed by the Connecticut Probate Court?; (2) Under Connecticut law, does absolute quasi-judicial immunity extend to attorneys appointed to represent respondents in conservatorship proceedings or to attorneys appointed to represent conservatees?; and (3) What is the role of conservators, court-appointed attorneys for conservatees, and nursing homes in the Connecticut probate court system, in light of the six factors for determining quasi-judicial immunity outlined in Cleavinger v. Saxner, 474 U.S. 193, 201–202, 106 S. Ct. 496, 88 L. Ed. 2d 507 (1985). We conclude that: (1) absolute quasi-judicial immunity extends to a conservator appointed by the Probate Court only when the conservator is executing an order of the Probate Court or the conservator’s actions are ratified by the Probate Court; (2) absolute quasi-judicial immunity does not extend to attorneys appointed to represent respondents in conservatorship proceedings or conservatees; and (3) our analysis of the first and second certified questions is responsive to the third certified question as it relates to the roles of conservators and court-appointed attorneys; with respect to nursing homes caring for conservatees, we conclude that their function does not entitle them to quasi-judicial immunity under any circum- stances.”

The job of a Guardian Ad Litem/lawyer appointed by the probate court is to report, not destroy lives for their own financial benefit.  In the above, long-running civil rights case Daniel Gross, the Justices ruled that court-appointed lawyers do not have immunity from lawsuits if they abuse their clients.  I have many emails from Cynthia Farenga stating that Mary G. Sykes is her ‘client’. The Judtices also ruled, in a divided opinion, that conservators/guardians have limited immunity.   The ruling is far-reaching with implications for our troubled probate court system:  attorneys such as Cynthia Farenga—and to a lessor extent, Carolyn Toerpe who is a named abuser/respondent to a petition for a protective order and also appointed plenary Guardian over Mary G. Sykes and over Mary G. Sykes’ objections—cannot ignore the wishes of a client/ward.

For case number 2009 P 4585, In Re. the Estate of Mary G. Sykes, where the requirements of Sodini have NEVER been met, this has huge implications because Cynthia Farenga openly IGNORES THE WISHES OF MARY. G. SYKES.  My mother may be 93 years old, but she had the same rights as the rest of us....  Cynthia Farenga has perpetrated many crimes against not only my mother, but also all people my mother loves and trusts.  Aunt Yo, who is almost 83, perhaps is suffering as much as my mother (Mary G. Sykes is drugged, isolated, medically and socially neglected, and financially exploited with the knowledge of and the help from GAL Cynthia Farenga.) 

And so do I have rights.  Therefore, Judge Evans I ask you one more time to have the Sykes case investigated by the States Attorneys Office: to stop GAL’s Cynthia Farenga and Adam Stern from this on-going retaliation and open violations of both my mother’s and my Civil Rights, Bill of Rights, Illinois and United States Constitutions. 

Today’s proceedings needs to be continued and I demand proper notice, service, et al before this court has any jurisdiction. That said, why are there two guardian ad litems at all, or still on this case?

My mother is being robbed of the humanity at the end of her life.  Mary G. Sykes is being used as a pawn: Cynthia Farenga, Adam Stern, Carolyn Toerpe, Peter Schmiedel, et al, have simply ignored her and in order to silence her, Mary G. Sykes is isolated in the home of a named abuser/respondent to a petition for a protective order where my mother asked the Domestic Violence Court to protect her from Carolyn Toepre.  Farenga, Stern, and Toerpe were able to thwart the hearing on the order of protection and instead agreed to a guardianship – even though Mary G. Sykes objected, and objected and objected again.  You have copies of the hand-written letters, the links to the digital recordings published on YouTube, and you’ve also received letters from National advocacy groups.  In retaliation, I have been targeted.  I will not be silenced.  As I have said, no devil in hell or person in spirit will stop me from saving my life and protecting my properties in order to save the life of my mother Mary G. Sykes.

This is my mother's life and hard earned money/property wealth.  This is my life and my hard earned money, property and wealth.  My mother has civil and human rights. I have human and civil rights. This is also the United States of America not Hitler's Germany.

I am humbly at loss for words.

You can change all of this. Daniel Gross passed before the CT State Supreme Court opinioned, but his legacy is a powerful one and lasting:  if you are old and disabled, probate court can no longer take advantage of you – for the financial gain of lawyers appointed as officers of the court.  Cynthia Farenga should be sanctioned and upon your recommendation, removed from the Sykes case and investigated by the ARDC immediately.  Your immediate attention is much appreciated.



Healthy Regards,


Gloria Jean Sykes
773-910-3310

Legal Disclaimer--
Although this is obvious, no person in this blog has been accused of any wrongdoing, crime or even arrested unless stated otherwise from a website reporting actual arrests and convictions. We are stating our opinions and we have the right to do this. Only the particular author is responsible for his or her content. (So don’t blame me if you dislike some posts from someone else. This site is newsworthy because it is picked up automatically by many other blogs and is therefore protected by the First Amendment of the US Constitution and the Illinois State Constitution and violations will be taken seriously with charges under the Illinois Citizens Participation Act. We ARE participating in government here–we are lawyers trying to make a difference to make things better for grandma and grandpa. We don’t care how much money you’re making–directly or indirectly from Probate or a nursing home or home health care wired-in business. Do yourself a favor and get a different job, it’s not worth it.  And if you're someone filing ARDC complaints against this blog, we are all exercising our rights to disseminate important news to protect the rights of the elderly and respect their wishes.  Again, go get another job--it's not worth it.
PS – This blog is primarily for entertainment purposes only and please don’t file any pleadings or documents in court without checking with the sources for errors.  And I promise not to charge CF or AS more than my published hourly rate of $300 per hour.  We take credit cards and paypal on our website.  Another teeheehee.  Sorry, but portions of this blog have to be entertaining so we can get the word out.  There is most certainly a great deal of (stinging) truth in it, esp. for the GAL’s, the probate court and a society that ignores (thereby condoning) the sleazy world of probate, and in particular the 18th floor of the Daley Center in Chicago, but everyone needs to understand, these are not pleadings, there is no Motion, Response and Reply set by any court, together with extended legal argument recorded by a court reporter and subject to a Motion to Reconsider if errors or new evidence is found.  So don’t take it that way.  Like a good reporter, do your own due diligence and check with the sources first.  Honestly, I have to explain blogs to attorneys?  Have they no life? Do they not know how to email me or use the “comments” section at all? Yikes, that's scary.


    

1 comment:

  1. I don't get it. CF whines about not getting an address for Gloria, but it was SHE that rendered Gloria homeless and penniless.
    Does not CF see how that didn't work the way she wanted it to?

    ReplyDelete